Tavor Assault Rifle TAR-21 Long Barrel
The TAVOR assault rifle was developed in close cooperation with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in order to equip Israeli soldiers with a modern weapon specifically designed for today’s versatile battlefields. The bullpop design of the Tavor was to have a short comfortable rifle with long barrel accuracy. The Tavor is today in service in the Israel military by mainly infantry troops and special forces, replacing the M16 models which where in use in the IDF since the 1970’s. The Tavor assault rifle has gained immense popularity in the world as one of the most interesting bullpop firearms in use today. The Tavor is also in use by militaries and law enforcement units around the world. The Tavor assault rifle family has gained an excellent performance record in the combat with its attributes of high precision, reliability and human ergonomics being its leading characteristics.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm
- Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds
- Weight: 3.3 Kg
- Overall Length: 725 mm
- Barrel Length: 457 mm (18″)
The Tavor’s Advantages:
- Body built of high strength impact modified polymer.
- The unique bullpop design increases hit probability under fatigue and pressure and the recoil absorbent buttstock pad can also be used for comfortable rifle grenade firing.
- Detachable barrel as well as 100% interchangeability with parts of the other Tavor models, thus reducing the overall costs of the system.
Equipped with a last round stopper.
- Integrated reflex sight directly attached on to the barrel.
- Conversion from day optics to night optics is done without the need of re-zeroing and folding back-up sights that include tritium for night combat.
- 100% Ambidextrous thus making the use by right or left handed shooters easy.
- Has true “OTB” (over-the beach) capability and can be safely fired after being submerged in water and not completely dry as well as superior reliability under extreme conditions.
- Designed for Minimum operator and armorer level maintenance, thus reducing maintenance and life cycle costs. The Tavor can be very easily field stripped into 2 parts and metal parts of the weapon are corrosion resistant.
Optics sold separately.