The PPSh-41 (pistolet-pulemyot Shpagina Russian for “Shpagin machine pistol”); is a Soviet sub-machine gun designed by Georgi Shpagin as a cheap, simplified alternative to the PPD-40. Common nicknames are “pe-pe-sha” from its three-letter prefix and “papasha” in Russian meaning “daddy”.
The PPSh is a magazine-fed selective fire sub-machine gun using an open-bolt, blowback action. Made largely of stamped steel, it can be loaded with either a box or drum magazine, and fires the 7.62×25mm Tokarev pistol round. The PPSh saw extensive combat use during World War II since 1941 when it was introduced to military use and the Korean War. Around six million PPSh-41s were manufactured. According to the 2002 edition of the Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II the PPSh was still in use with irregular military forces around the world, mostly in the former Soviet countries, China and some African countries.
Weight: 3.63 kg (8.0 lb) (without magazine)
Length: 84.3 cm (33.2 in)
Barrel length: 26.9 cm (10.6 in)
Cartridge: 7.62×25mm Tokarev
Action: Blowback, open bolt
Rate of fire: 900 to over 1000 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity: 488 m/s (1,600.6 ft/s)
Effective firing range: 125 – 150 m
Maximum firing range: 200m – 250m
Feed system: 35-round box magazine or 71-round drum magazine
Sights: Iron sights
6000 units available.