- The Israeli NATO 40mm NBC gas mask filters were developed for the Israel Defense Force (IDF) and Israeli citizens to provide protection against all known NBC agents in the form of vapors and aerosols. This is generally combined with the Israeli gas mask which was manufactured for civilian use against chemical biological and nuclear attacks and were distributed and used during the first Gulf War in 1991.
- The Type 80 gas mask filter is a robust durable canister intended for military and civil defense use. It is specially designed for comfort and extended use at a minimal physiological load, having low breathing resistance and low weight. Its design assures optimal performance complying with all IDF specifications as well as the performance requirements of the American Army C2 filter canister. The filter is supplied with a standard NATO thread (40 mm x 1/7”) and is compatible with almost all military and industrial respirators. The Type 80 filters are supplied sealed with leak-proof plastic caps, assuring a shelf life exceeding 15 years
- The filter has been tested by the National Laboratory of Israel (ILBR) in accordance with US military standard MIL-282
- Filter capabilities in different descriptors:
- The filter is suitable and retains its capabilities under storage conditions for 25 years
- The filter is suitable for use against chemical weapons in a saturated environment for up to 6 hours.
- The filter is suitable under dry conditions for biological and radiological descriptions for up to 30 days.
- If the filter gets wet, replace or verify initial specific gravity.